Wednesday, June 30, 2010

zlata

Zlata-
You were always there, able to listen 100%. Despite probably having a
million things to do, you always gave the time to me, long after my
children had graduated preschool. When I was so uncertain of myself,
you were so affirming of me, of my decisions. When I was uncertain
what to do with my children, you would discuss the issues on the table
and were unwavering in support for whatever I decided. You paid the
highest compliment a mother could receive " that mother, she knows
what she is doing" even when I doubted myself.

In a completely different setting, you once gently asked about a
particular custom I followed. When I explained the basis of what I was
doing as to how I had learned the halacha, you said, "you know, you
don't have to limit yourself" as she gently nudged me toward a more
expansive Yiddishkeit and observance.

When I was going through a difficult personal issue, you were again so
affirming. Your words were supportive and non-disparaging. You just
said "unbelievable, unbelievable" and then added that you knew I was
strong.

Now you are gone and taken from us, from your family. As I opened this
emai address and typed in Zlata, your email from the school pops up
and I weep. I can only say we miss you terribly.
Unbelievable, unbelievable.

Karen Rabin( Chaya Rochel)

No comments:

Post a Comment