Monday, June 14, 2010

The tears continue to fall. . .

I met Zlata when I was becoming a Ba'al Teshuvah, returning to my Jewish roots. I'd been to other Chabad Houses and various shuls, but when I met Zlata and the Geisinsky family I knew I was "home". Zlata (and the whole family- I so love you all) instantly made me feel that I was wanted, welcome, and part of the family. Her amazing sense of humor, brilliant wit, and radiating love. . .well all of you who know her know exactly what I mean. I moved into the Geisinsky home every Shabbos, every Yom Tov, and basically whenever I felt like it. Then Zlata shipped me off to seminary in Crown Heights where I was welcomed by her wonderful parents. Even though I loved Crown Heights, I never missed a chance to return to the Geisinsky's for every, single holiday- I couldn't wait! A few years later, I was able to dance with the Geisinsky's at my wedding in Crown Heights! Zlata was there for the birth of my first child, in NY! I recently gave birth to my third child, who never got to meet Zlata. A few years ago my family and I moved to Miami, I wish we'd been closer and been able to spend more time with her. I have a trip to Maryland planned in August, and I was really looking forward to spending time with Zlata and the family.
Oh Zlata, I love you so much, and I can't believe that you're gone. The shock and pain of losing you is excruciating. You were a guiding force in my life and your memory will live on in my family forever. We miss you! May Hashem send Moshiach so that we may be reunited immediately!

Ditza Young

No comments:

Post a Comment