Sunday, June 20, 2010

Zlata Geisinsky

These are a few memories that I have of Zlata Geisinsky.  I have known Zlata for over 20 years and found her to be an extraordinary person, one of great strength, love of community and most important love of her wonderful family.  They used to be Rabbi and Rebetzin of Chabad of Potomac and during that time had dinners at the Shul in Potomac.  Zlata would prepare delicious meals almost by herself and as usual wanted no thanks.  She was an unbelievable cook.
 
I had surgery back in 2003 and they came to the hospital for a visit.  While there I got called for a special test.  Rabbi G had to leave but Zlata would not leave at all and accompanied me to the test.  As I recall the test took quite a while and even though I told her to leave that I would be ok, she insisted on staying by my side until I was returned back to my room.  Naturally, I was concerned about the outcome of the test and Zlata lifted my spirits until we almost forgot why we were there.  I don't think I will ever forget that time. 
 
Zlata will be missed.  Her smile, concern for others and her good deeds leave an enormous hole in this community and I'm sure elsewhere as well.
Bev Anker

No comments:

Post a Comment