Thursday, June 17, 2010

My fondest memory of Morah Zlata z"l

Psalm 34:18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

 

Words cannot express how deeply saddened and how heavy my heart is. I met Zlata z'l five years ago when my son, Jacob, was entering the 2-year-old program at Hebrew Academy. From the moment we met, I knew that my son was in the right place. A day never went by that she didn't stop in the hall to say hello. No matter when or how busy she was, she would always take the time to talk. She cared about every child and parent in the preschool.

I will never forget how her kind words and caring smile helped me during my last pregnancy. Zlata was the 2nd person to find out I was expecting. One day in the carpool lane she noticed that I was upset. I told her my husband was worried about having another child. I explained to her that his primary reason was financial in nature. She gave me a huge hug and said Hashem will provide. From that day on, she made it a point to ask me how I was feeling. She called me to see how the doctors visits went and if I had to undergo any prenatal testing her words of wisdom and love helped me get through them. When Shmueli was born she took the time out of her busy schedule, came to visit, and brought over a meal for Friday night and Shabbat lunch. Shmueli will be entering the 4-year-old program next fall and I can't imagine that Morah Zlata will not be there to teach him the parsha.

 

Zlata was more than a pre-school director and more than the Rebbitzen of Chabad of Bethesda. She was a wife, mother, confidant and friend.  She was someone so easy to talk with, whose wisdom and guidance went well beyond her years. Her untimely death leaves us with the question of why? Why Zlata? She was the pillar of the community, a true emissary of the Rebbe. She constantly put others before herself. While we look for an answer, that we may never find, all we can do is look for guidance and inspiration. Not inspiration found in this world, but inspiration from Hashem. For all that she has given to the community, and in the merit of Zlata, I ask everyone to take on another mitzvah.

 

Zlata z'l, you are dearly loved and even though the thought of not speaking with you or seeing you is excruciating, I take solace knowing that your memory will live on in my heart forever.

 

May Hashem comfort the Geisinsky family and please G-d send Moshicah NOW!!!

 

Lisa Levieddin

No comments:

Post a Comment