Friday, June 18, 2010

The Rebbe's Shlucha


From the COLlive Inbox: Mrs. Rochel Kaplan, Shlucha in Maryland, writes to her fellow Shlucha Mrs. Zlata Geisinsky OBM after her tragic passing.

Dear Zlata, 

Today, Gimmel Tammuz I drive home to Maryland. My thoughts are with you in New York. It was only yesterday, erev Gimmel Tammuz, that you were interred close to our Rebbe's resting place. 

No, you never rested. Nor, will you stop to rest. 

About 28 years ago, you and your husband Rabbi Bentzion ybadel lchayim tovim, became the first Shluchim to join our Chabad Maryland region. You have paved the way for many others who are BH doing the Rebbe's work. 

One of the women who knew you well said, "Zlata did her work quietly without fanfare and did not seek publicity, and that is just the way she left this world". I cannot agree with her more. Your deeds were for Hakodosh Boruch Hu only. 

Your persona of great Kabolos Ol was so clear. You took on your responsibilities with great focus, determination, and with steadfastness. You carried through what you set out to do and stayed on course until your work was thoroughly completed. 

As I ponder the loss of a Shlucha in our state of Maryland, I understand the importance of each and every individual who has undertaken this great life's mission. Although life may be laden with bumps and bruises, along the way we manage to pick ourselves up and to rise above life's travails. Although our lives as Shluchim may be challenging, it is nevertheless rewarding. At the end of the day, we are bound up with our mishaleach. 

So how am I to make peace with the tragedy that has hit us all so hard? 

As I ponder the reality of what has happened in our midst I hear the phone ring in the car. It is my daughter. She wants to know where Zlata is interred. She is almost there. She mentions names of other markers and I realize that she is close. I tell her so, and she finally gasps that she has found it. 

My daughter sent me the message I was looking for. She gave me the assurance that your memory will live on. 

Zlata, you have touched so many lives in your short lifetime. And I know that those lives will continue to grow and find nurture in your embrace. Vhachai yiten el liboh. The seeds that you have sown will grow and mature continuing to flower until moshiach. 

Sincerely yours,

Rochel 


No comments:

Post a Comment