Tuesday, June 15, 2010

May her memory be for a blessing...

I will really miss Mrs. Geisinsky. There was something rare about her -- she had a calmness combined with a deep faith and a quiet love, concern and appreciation of others.

When my sister was ill years ago, she always made sure to ask about her and I remember how heartfelt her condolences were when my sister passed.  For many, many months after my sister's passing, Mrs. Geisinsky always remembered to ask me how I and my family were doing when she saw me.
I'll also never forget something Mrs. Geisinsky did years ago when I was looking at the MJBHA preschool for my son. It was some kind of an open house morning and she was working with another staff person to give a tour to the prospective preschool parents.
I was very nervous because my disabled daughter was at home with a new sitter and I couldn't leave her for long. The other parents were understandably asking a lot of good questions and the tour was taking awhile. I was becoming more panicked by the minute. I remember Mrs. Geisinsky quietly breaking me off from the group and giving me a private tour for the rest of the time so she could get me out the door and back to my daughter more quickly. She specifically did it in a way that I wouldn't be embarrassed and treated me with great respect. I remember feeling not very confident when I went in for the tour (we were a family with little money or clout and I was relatively new to the community). But, Mrs. Geinsinsky and her kindness showed me how everyone can (and should) be treated like an important person.
May her memory be for a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment