Thursday, June 24, 2010

"That's Why I Say She Is My Angel"l

"That's Why I Say She Is My Angel,"
the words are from the Morah Elizabeth and jotted down by Morah Annick ...

"Three years ago, I was working at the preschool.  I had a big problem with my mother and her heart.  It's so expensive and I need to send the money for the emergency surgery, but someone who said that he would pay, changed his mind. I'm crazy because I don't know what I'm doing. I tell nothing at school becasue it is my personal problem.  But Morah Zlata saw me different, that I was different.  She called for me and I go and she says right away, "Elizabeth, what's wrong?"  And I'm nervous because Zlata is my principal and maybe I did something wrong. But, she said again, "You look different, what's wrong?"  So, I'm crying because I am so scared. She looks me straight in the eye and says "I can help you now."  She asked me for all the details of what I need and then says again, "I can help you Elizabeth."  In a few days, Zlata called for me again and gave me everything I need for my mother.  Without Zlata, I know that two more women would not be alive, my mother and me and that is why I say that Zlata is my angel."

Just a week before Zlata passed away, Elizabeth had the opportunity to thank Zlata and Zlata's mom for the gift of life afforded her.  Through tearful words, Elizabeth retold it all to both women in Zlata's house.  She wasn't sure if she was understood with her words, but knew that she was understood by her sentiment of appreciation.  As for myself, I am totally in awe of how deeply connected Zlata was to all the non-Jewish people in her life.  Zlata quietly went well beyond job description as Lubavitch Rebbetzin, Preschool Director or even friend.  Elizabeth is a very religious woman and she believes completely that Zlata is with God now and that Zlata had always been and will always be an angel.   

No comments:

Post a Comment