Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Rebbe's Dollar

A few years ago, I had to take an overseas flight and leave my young kids behind.  After all of the terror attacks, I was overwhelmed with fear about that flight. I was telling Zlata this in the carpool line... Instead of just waving me forward or saying, it will be ok, she went to the trouble of lending me her precious dollar from the Lubavitcher Rebbe OBM to "guarantee" my safety on the trip.  Most people would not be willing to part with such an irreplaceable possession, but Zlata was extraordinarily kind and sensitive to other people.  What a special person she was..deeply involved in every aspect of communal life, and never too busy for a random act of kindness. May her entire family receive comfort from heaven. 

Julie Bloch Mendelsohn
Zichron Yakov, Israel




Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your inbox. See how.

No comments:

Post a Comment