Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Zlata

I simply loved this woman. She had the rare combination of intelligence, common sense, human decency and a wonderful sense of humor. With all the "stuff" that was always going on in her life she never stopped giving of herself. She would never forget to ask me about Gail, my children and grandchildren. She always rememered to inquire weather I had found a new job. The irony is that I was offered a wonderful position two days before she passed away.
 
I would look forward to the time when Saturday sevices ended so I could go into the kitchen and help bring the trays of food down for the Kiddish. I would secretly call that my "Zlata" time. The kitchen was always full of people but when she saw me she would always wish me a good Shabbos and would take a few moments to chat. Even if it was only 10 seconds I looked forward to my "Zlata time". On the rare occassions that there was no one else in the kitchen I considered it a priviledge to talk to Zlata at length.
 
My daughter Tami baby sat for Adi and Sendy. Gail and I have been lucky to know the Geisinsky's since they arrived in Rockville. Over the years I got to know and appreciate how rare Zlata was as a human being. Although I always respected Chasidic teachings, when we know special people, male or female, there are times you just want to give them a hug out of appreciation for their friendship. If there was ever a woman who deserved a hug out of appreciation, it was Zlata Geisinsky.
 
 At this time, I cannot seem to control my flow of tears. However, I do know that Zlata would want us all to move on with our lives and concentrate on the good that life brings. To be happy with each day and to appreciate all that Hashem has given us. I'm sure that time will come sooner or later for all of us. However, one thing is certain.
Zlata Geisinsky will live on in my heart and my mind for the rest of my life.
 
Neale Goodman

No comments:

Post a Comment