Thursday, June 17, 2010

for zlata blog - pls post with my name

On a Friday some 6 few years ago, I took the shuttle to DC for a court appearance on behalf of a friend, and was supposed to be back in NY for Shabbos. In the end, the weather did not allow me to get back to ANY. So there I was, stuck in the MD area with nothing, no kapote, no change of clothes, no place to stay for Shabbos, etc. I contacted the Geisinskys and was given the royal treatment. I spent a memorable shabbos, laughing all day and night with Benny zol zein gezunt.  Zlata a”h was an amazing machnis orach, making me and the other guests feel right at home, with her varimkeh big heart and outgoing personality. It was a shabbos I never forgot. She was clearly a shlucha par excellence. Hashem should give nechomo to benny and the kinderlach, because none of us can provide any meaningful nechomo.  

 

Rabbi Shalom M. Paltiel

Chabad of Port Washington

"Judaism with a Smile"

 

80 Shore Road

Port Washington, NY 11050

516 767 TORAH (8672)

www.chabadpw.org

rabbi@chabadpw.org

 

No comments:

Post a Comment