Tuesday, June 15, 2010

our story

My daughter was in Zlata's 4 year old nursery school class - it was in
the old building and the preschool had only been in existence for a year
at that point. Two stories really stick our in our memories. The first
was a time when Becca came home and announced:"Morah Zlata's hair looked
weird today". I had no idea what that meant, so I asked her the next day
and Zlata smiled and said:"I was wearing a snood, my sheitel was being
done". The other story was the time when my mom was visiting and I had
to teach and couldn't be the Shabbat Ima, so my mom went instead as the
Shabbat Bubbie. My mother was a preschool teacher herself, and after she
was done with her visit we met to go home. She was absolutely blown away
by Zlata's teaching. "That woman is singing, talking to the kids,
hanging stuff up, cutting up other things - all at the same time". At no
time did she ever raise her voice to the children, she was patient, kind
and as in the case of the snood, always in good humor. We will miss her
terribly and it is a heartfelt loss for all of us.
Suzette Tanen

No comments:

Post a Comment