Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What Gifts Zlata Gave to the World

I had only had the pleasure of knowing Zlata for about a year and a half but she had the most unbelievable affect on me. 

The very first time I met her she made me feel as though we had known one another a lifetime. She was one of the warmest, loveliest people I have ever come across. At any Chabad event there after we sought one another out. She always made time to chat with me and I always learned something brilliant from her. 

When our family had the pleasure of joining Zlata and her wonderful family for a Shabbat dinner the evening passed as though we had been together only 5 minutes. We were all disappointed to go home even though it was midnight. It was magical. My 21 year old and 19 year old didn't want to leave. 

Zlata has created the same warmth within her children that she carried in herself, giving them the ability and awareness to make anyone feel comfortable always. What wonderful presents she has given to the world.

I will miss Zlata and the lost opportunities to be with her.

Cheri Friedman and Family

No comments:

Post a Comment