Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Zlata was so special to my family!

Although my family and I now live in Arizona, I never forgot Zlata and all she did for me when I was a teacher at MJBHA.  My son Sam was in the 2’s and 3’s class.  Under Zlata’s leadership, Sam had the best education and the most loving teachers.  Although not religious myself, Zlata never judged me.  I always felt accepted and understood by her.  When I was pregnant with my second child, Zlata was the one I often went to for advice and comfort.  When I would visit the school she would demand I hand over my baby daughter Gabi to her and would hold her so lovingly.  We had a running joke that she would pay me a million dollars if I would “sell” Gabi to her.  Every time Gabi (now 9) scrunches up her nose when she smiles I think of Zlata because she is the first one who pointed that out to me. I found every excuse in the book to hang out in her office, sit and schmooze with her and the other preschool teachers.  I always felt at home with Zlata. She was an amazing woman who seemed to know how to do a million things at once, something I marveled at.  I am beyond devastated to learn of her sudden death.  My heart goes out to her family and a community that will miss her terribly.  Sincerely,  Elana Hostetter

No comments:

Post a Comment