Friday, June 18, 2010

A True Friend

I returned home from the shiva home inspired by Zlata's precious children to contribute to this blog.  They encourage everyone visiting their Bethesda home to share their personal stories of how Zlata impacted their lives.  Rabbi Sendy Geisinsky shared with me that he is learning just how much his mother impacted the entire Jewish community.  She enriched the lives of countless individuals. 
 
My husband always had a close relationship with the Geisinsky family since his college days when he would travel to Potomac to spend Shabbos and other holidays.  He always recalled how wonderful it was to be welcomed into the Geisinsky family and especially in those days, with a home cooked meal by Zlata.  Zlata always had a special place in his heart.  And, when we were married, and quickly discovered that the Chabad of Bethesda-Chevy Chase was opening hear our Bethesda apartment, my husband was anxious to introduce me to Rabbi and Mrs. Geisinsky. 
 
Just as warmly as they welcomed my husband, they opened their hearts to his new wife, with open arms and never a moment to judge.  From this early meeting, our relationship would thrive and bring us to celebrate the birth of our first daughter who was given her name at the shul beneath the dry cleaners on Woodmont Avenue.  Zlata was there to help me navigate the waters of being a new mom, and as our young daughter got to toddler years, always invited me to share seashell pasta at the Hebrew Academy with her during lunch.
 
I have countless memories of simchas, conversations and wonderful moments with the entire Geisinsky family.  I will treasure my memories of Zlata and continue onward knowing that Zlata would want us all to continue striving to do our best in this world.
 
May her entire family find comfort in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment