Monday, June 28, 2010

Zlata- full of light and life-a true inspiration

Fifteen years ago, when I first became religious and was having a particularly difficult time making the leap from my former way of life, Zlata said to me, "I have incredible respect for you." I didn't know Zlata well, but I admired her for so many attributes--she was always pleasant, always real, always kind and aware of others. I couldn't believe that someone like Zlata could respect me while I was struggling so much with what came so easy to others. She told me her respect was borne of the fact that she grew up in a religious home so it was all natural to her, whereas I was choosing to take on Shabbos and Kashrut and other mitzvot. Her words gave me the 'boost' I needed to move forward in my Judaism. I will always be appreciative of how Zlata inspired me.
 
                                                    Iris
 
                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment