Friday, July 16, 2010

Zlata

     When I think Zlata, I think sunshine, light, warmth.

When I think Zlata, I think life, laughter, caring.

When I think Zlata, I think kindness, wisdom, beauty, fun.

Zlata was a generous giver-she cared, she made you feel special.

 I was truly privileged and happy to have had Zlata in my life – it made it richer.

I will never forget seeing Zlata at my father’s funeral. It was bitterly cold and snowing ,

the roads unsafe, but she came to support me, and I felt warm.

After I left Hebrew Academy, I was ill. Zlata called me and with genuine concern interrogated me

about each symptom, and comforted me greatly.

For me Zlata will always be alive. I will always remember her smiling, singing along with radio “ Unforgettable…”

with gusto, sweeping through the classroom, laughing with the children and teachers, adjusting her hair, delightedly kissing baby Moishe,

 just bursting with life and energy.

I love you, Zlata!

 

Sofya.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment