Monday, July 12, 2010

Shabbos Dinners

A couple of years ago, my good friend Moishe invited me over to his house for Shabbos. As I walked in the door, I realized that I had forgotten to mention to his mother that I was a vegetarian. I sheepishly went up to her and told her, and apologized for not letting her know earlier. She's said "Oh, that's fine. Here, come, I'll make you something. What do you want?" I was shocked by her kindness and readiness to make a whole other meal for another person. I spent many Shabbas nights at their house. Every night she would take the time to make me a little something.
 
It made me feel happy knowing that there are people in the world so ready and able to do things for others on short notice. Rebbetzin Geisinsky was one of these people.
 
Levi

No comments:

Post a Comment