Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Memories of Rebbetzin Chaya Zlata of Blessed Memory

> From: Ann Goldstein <sarahshayna@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Memories of Rebbetzin Chaya Zlata of Blessed
> Memory
> To: zlatasimpact.memories@blogger.com
> Cc: sarahshaynaq@yahoo.com
> >
> Dear Rabbi Geisinsky and family,
> Rebbetzin Zlata of blessed memory exemplified the qualities of virtue and
> nobility of spirit, the midahs of selflessless and humility,
> the wisdom of a much older woman(even twenty years ago),and
> the extraordinary perception to understand another's
> struggles and to provide unconditional support. 
> There was no limit to chesed of Rebbetzin Zlata of blessed
> memory. Her empathy, warmth and sense of humor laced all her
> dealings with me and my family. My fond memories of Zlata go
> back over twenty years to the original Rockville Chabad
> House, continuing on to the Potomac Chabad Shule, to Camp
> Gan Izzy and to the current BCC Chabad House. 
> Even though I have countless memories of Zlata's chesed,
> the one memory that is prominent in my mind is the time when
> I told her about my father, of blessed memory, who was very
> ill. I was trying to deal with my father's suffering and my
> pain because he had several serious illnesses.Zlata listened
> to my account of my father's condition, and with a wise and
> loving heart, she recommended that I say tehillim for him-
> specifically the psalm representing his age plus one for his
> next birthday year).
> I took her advice and faithfully recited the recommended
> psalms for him for seven years, added psalms for other
> people in need of a refuah and  also recited psalms for
> my children for Hashem's blessings. In fact, when I learned
> that Zlata was seriously ill, my first response was to learn
> her Hebrew name to recite tehillim for her, to daven for her
> and to enlist  others to do the same.
> I continue to recite tehillim on a regular basis which
> provide me with comfort and an increase in my emunah.
> Now when I recite my daily tehillim, I think of Rebbetzin
> Chaya Zlata, of blessed memory, and credit her with this
> elevating, comforting mitzvah.
> I thank Hashem that I was given the extraordinary
> opportunity to know and to grow from my relationship with
> Rebbetzin Chaya Zlata.
> May her memory be a blessing.
> With profound sorrow and deep appreciation.
> Ann Goldstein
>
>
>      
>
>

1 comment:

  1. Our family is grateful and truly blessed we had "Morah" Zlata as a part of our life for the past four years. She opened her heart and home to our family. Our children remember going to her house on a school trip and eating "the best latkes ever". She was someone we could turn to for advice. She was the one who shared with us about attending MJBHA and we took her advice and have been enrolled at the school for the past several years. “Morah” Zlata had a gift of bringing smiles to our faces. During the preschool graduation we were touched that she created a silhouette of each child. We heard this was the first time she did this for the pre-schools graduation, which is even more touching. We will hold on tight to the beautiful gift she created as well as she left us with the gift of touching our hearts. We will remember "Morah" Zlata as someone who has made a positive impression on our family and others she has met. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family members. We are deeply saddened from this tremendous loss and yet feel blessed we had her as a part of our lives.
    תהי נשמתה צרורה בצרור החיים
    All of our love- The Sabag family

    ReplyDelete