Monday, July 12, 2010

My memories

In my brief time knowing Zlata, I felt above all her warmth.  We are neighbors to Chabad Bethesda, and would on occasion show up for services, or for the women’s events, or simply stick our heads in while on a walk around the neighborhood. Me and my family were always warmly welcomed, invited in, and even fed.  The house was always warm with Zlata’s spirit, as well as her wonderful cooking. We were welcomed into her life and her family’s life, invited to simchas, weddings, a bris, a kiddish, a learning opportunity.  Zlata exuded warm and hospitality. I see it mirrored in her children (those I have come to know).  She bestowed this blessing of warmth and hospitality on so many of us. I am glad to have experienced it, and my mitza to honor Zlata will be to be as warm and hospitable to those around me and ensure that people of all ilks feel welcome around me.

 

- Shelley

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment