Thursday, July 1, 2010

Blog entry that does not appear to be listed. please post

My Favorite Mikvah Lady

When you ring the bell at the door to the Potomac mikvah, you have no idea who your mikvah lady will be. How wonderful it has been for me, when I open the door to that warm hug and smile from Zlata. That was our time to "catch up" -- my "alone time", my "quality time" with Zlata. I got to hear all about each of her kids and grandkids -- where everyone was and what they were doing. Oh how she loved her family. And she wanted to hear all about each of our kids -- she knew them well from their days years ago with Morah Zlata and Camp Gan Izzy.  Behind the door to the mikvah, Zlata and I shared our lives with each other and solved the problems of the world -- atleast to our satisfaction -- atleast until the buzzer went off and the next woman got to have her time with Zlata.

Zlata was a "tell it like it is" kind of gal. No sugar coating, no "life is blissfully wonderful." Zlata was real. Zlata was honest and upfront. "Life has its ups and downs and you just roll with the punches and keep going day to day." She was not shy about telling you her opinion. But everything she said was said out of love, concern, real interest, and caring. Zlata was the kind of friend who you could see after 3 or 4 months and pick up right where you left off as if you were together the day before.  We certainly had a lot of laughs together.  

I will truly miss you Zlata.  I will miss your smile, your warmth and your laugh, I will miss your wonderful sense of humor. Zlata, you were a beautiful person with a beautiful neshama. Your untimely unexpected death has affected more people than you could possibly imagine.

Nancy Rubin

No comments:

Post a Comment